PDA

View Full Version : Passing a Table to Another Page

PaulM
02-09-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure whether the solution to my problem will involve Javascript, PHP, mySQL or just HTML so I thought I would start my thread here.

I am constructing a hotel booking form. When the site visitor puts in his dates and requirements the PHP file goes through a long process to check availability of rooms, prices, special offers, discounts and minimum stays (using MySQL) and then produces a table of results. It's a highly dynamic process that ends up with a table that might look like this:
Double Room
27 Feb 2012 Bed & breakfast 80.00
Extra bed 15.00
28 Feb 2012 Bed & breakfast 80.00
Extra bed 15.00
Discount -19.00
TOTAL 171.00

At this point I want to provide a button to a booking form which will be in a separate tab (being https). I want to pass the table of information to the booking form (for information of the visitor and also so that it can be forwarded to the hotel). However I don't want to go through the whole PHP/MySQL process all over again when I already have generated the result.

How can I simply pass the content of the table to the next page?

Thanks in anticipation
Paul

PaulM
02-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Well the forum doesn't seem to let me present the table properly. It should look like a three column table, with all the monetary values lining up in the third column. I hope you can see what I'm trying to achieve.