PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox image viewer 2.03a - image opens up in a new page

emmajanemc
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I was hoping that somebody could please help in relation to the following:

Script: Lightbox image viewer 2.03a

I have followed all the instructions that were given in relation to this script - I'll outline these below:

1) Downloaded all the files as instruced and placed them in the root directory of the website: Lightbox V2.03a
2) I have Inserted the below code in the HEAD section of my page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/lightbox.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

3) I then created a few thumbnails on my HTML page (I have placed these in a table) & linked them to the actual larger images that I wish to have displayed in the Gallery. As instructed I used the link "<a href="images/image-1.jpg" rel="lightbox" title="my caption">image #1</a>" to link to these images.

4) As I wish to group multipe image I have modified the "rel" attribute to be "lightbox[roadtrip]".

The problem is after doing all of this the images are linked but when I click into them, the only thing that happens is that a new window will open displaying the larger image....so nothing really seems to be happening with the script I've loaded on the page...

I have gone onto Forums to see if I can figure this problem out however, the only answer I seem to get is as follows:

This is commonly caused by a conflict between scripts. Check your body tag and look for an onload attribute. Example:
<body onload="MM_preloadImages(‘/images/menu_on.gif’)…;">
A quick fix to this problem is to append the initLightbox() to the onload attribute as so:
<body onload="MM_preloadImages(‘/images/menu_on.gif’)…;initLightbox()">

However, the problem here is that I don't seem to have an "onload" attribute - so I'm at a total loss. I don't have anything to append! :confused:

I'm not sure if its worth mentioning, but I am using another dynamic drive script on the website for my menus - as I understand it sometimes there is problems with having two scripts running on the same page- is this correct? I'm new to JS so a bit unsure - apologies if this sounds like a silly question.

I would appreciate any help you can give - the website isn't currently Live yet, so I cannot point you to any link - but if you need to see this before you can help please let me know and I'll upload this on a test URL.

Many thanks in advance for all of your help.

Emma

jscheuer1
02-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Try using Slimbox2:

http://www.digitalia.be/software/slimbox2

instead of Lightbox.

If you want more help - Yes, please upload to a test URL.

emmajanemc
02-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Hi jscheuer1,

Many thanks - I'll give this a go. Many thanks