PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to write some script for me.

poohbear916
01-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I have several webcams in Southern Baja, Mexico, also several web sites that use these webcams. I have been using a Java applet to update the images every 15 seconds. The applet works fine and does its job.

My problem is that not all browsers and operating systems allow java applets, (no image appears).

I am getting ready to install a new webcam and would like to have a script (or -???) that will update the images without the use of an applet. I have seen several tech articles about something similar to this but I did not understand them enough to use.

I need someone who can look at my site and give me a complete code to update my images without reloading the whole page, as I am a real dummy when it comes to this kind of thing. My web sites are built using MS Front Page (that should give you an idea of my level of tech knowhow).

I am willing to pay someone for their time.

2) I am able to pay with Paypal.

djr33
01-31-2012, 01:23 AM
I can't do this for you (no experience in the relevant area), but I can tell you that one solution is Flash. Of course Flash isn't supported on everything (most important, iPad and other Apple mobile devices), but it's much more supported than Java applets and it's more modern-- used on youtube, and lots of other places.

The only way to make this work on virtually all systems would be to skip plugins (Java applets, Flash, etc.) entirely. But it's then unclear how you could actually get the images. One possible solution is to use real image files on your server-- 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg. Then use a program on the server to update these files.

Now that the images are stored (correctly and updated) on your server, all you need to do is embed them in your website like regular images-- very very easy. For a bonus feature, you could use Javascript to automatically refresh these images every 15 seconds or whatever you'd like.

What you'd need for this is not web design technology-- it's whatever you could use to take pictures from the webcams and save them as files (and upload them). Then the actual web design is very easy as I said above.

But probably the "standard" method at this point would be using Flash. I'm not sure that's any "better" or easier than what I just described, though.

Pizzadelivery
09-16-2012, 09:53 AM
I can do it. but in this time i have no time in this moment. some days later i will do it.