PDA

View Full Version : Text and Image Crawler v1.5 - Adding More Spaces

NeedAMentor
01-29-2012, 01:20 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

Question:
Is it possible to add more spaces between passes for the Text Crawler?

The [AddedSpace: true] parameter adds only a sigle space. What do I do if I want to add say 10 spaces, which I need to do to make my repetitive short text more readable?

Many thanks.

jscheuer1
01-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Insert a span (highlighted in the below, scroll the code block to see it) with non-breaking space characters in it. For example:

<div class="marquee" id="marquee1">
That dizzy turtledove dissonantly casts out your flouting testosterone. Our disparaging whales disinterestedly accept their average cabbages. <span>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
marqueeInit({
uniqueid: 'marquee1',
style: { //style object for this marquee container (use quotes on both sides of the : as shown)
'width': '50%'},
inc: 2 //speed - pixel increment for each iteration of this marquee's movement
});
</script>

NeedAMentor
01-29-2012, 04:00 AM
Thank you, Sir, for the swift reply.
I can now add spaces between words in the text.

What I need is for the repeating passes to appear only after some spaces have been added to the end of the preceding pass, which means to say, after the first past, there should be the added spacing before the next pass of the text appears.

Many thanks.

jscheuer1
01-29-2012, 04:13 AM
That is what my answer provides for, spaces at the end of each pass. If you want two passes before any spaces, repeat the content before adding the spaces. But I don't think that's what you're asking.

If you want more help, please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

NeedAMentor
01-29-2012, 04:28 AM
You are right there, Sir. Your solution works perfectly.
Earlier, my amended file was not properly uploaded.

You certainly made my day. Thank you again for the kind help.

Warmest regards.