PDA

View Full Version : Access data on a Google spreadsheet with a Greasemonkey script?

vkefallinos
01-20-2012, 08:32 PM
I want to be able to read and write on a Google spreadsheet using a Greasemonkey script that runs on Facebook webpage.

I have tried the example made by Google ( search google for:"gdata birthday manager sample" ) but it doesn't seem to work. Are there any other implementations-examples of a userscript using Google data API to store data?

I want to be able to retrieve encryption and decryption passwords on a userscript running on Facebook so it can encrypt-decrypt text based on the user.

djr33
01-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Although I don't know exactly what google allows (or intends to allow), I really can't see this working. For one thing, even if you design it perfectly and it works, the users would need to be logged into their google account, and that could make things awkward any times they were not.
I don't mean to sound completely discouraging, but you really should consider whether there is an easier way to make this work-- see if there is a completely different way to do this project.

vkefallinos
01-21-2012, 10:33 AM
i have looked for different ways doing this but cant find any i can implement with my level of knowledge.
As for the double login ,its the only price for complete privacy, so i think its easily paid.
I thought of something like http://www.sencha.com/products/io but dont know how to use and cant find any tutorial or guides for help.