PDA

View Full Version : DD Drop Down Panel help

agentmi6
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM
1) Script Title: DD Drop Down Panel

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/dddropdownpanel.htm

3) Describe problem: When i toggle the button the content panel opens, and when i click some link in it i go to that link, but when i press back the panel is closed, how to stay open until i press the button to close(using google chrome)?

ddadmin
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Simply set the option in red to false:

var defaultpanel=new ddpanel({
ids: ["mypanel", "mypanelcontent", "mypaneltab"], // id of main panel DIV, content DIV, and tab DIV
stateconfig: {initial: "5px", persiststate: true}, // initial: initial reveal amount in pixels (ie: 5px)
animate: {enabled: true, steps: 5}, //steps: number of animation steps. Int between 1-20. Smaller=faster.
pointerimage: {enabled: true, src: ["arrow-down.gif", "arrow-up.gif"]},
closepanelonclick: {enabled: false} // close panel when links or elements with CSS class="closepanel" within container is clicked on?
})

agentmi6
01-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Well i did go over the script before i post the question and i found that, but the thing is i cant make it to work in google chrome(ie, safari and firefox works). Thanks anyway for your reply.

agentmi6
01-20-2012, 11:58 AM
So is there noone who cant make this work in chrome ???

jscheuer1
01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
You would need to also have persistence enabled:

var defaultpanel=new ddpanel({
ids: ["mypanel", "mypanelcontent", "mypaneltab"], // id of main panel DIV, content DIV, and tab DIV
stateconfig: {initial: "5px", persiststate: true}, // initial: initial reveal amount in pixels (ie: 5px)
animate: {enabled: true, steps: 5}, //steps: number of animation steps. Int between 1-20. Smaller=faster.
pointerimage: {enabled: true, src: ["arrow-down.gif", "arrow-up.gif"]},
closepanelonclick: {enabled: false} // close panel when links or elements with CSS class="closepanel" within container is clicked on?
})

And, if you're only testing locally, Chrome will not respect even that. You must put your test page up live* and make sure it's still not working in Chrome. Also make sure cookies are enabled in Chrome. If at that point you want more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

*I just tested this, the page must be live for this feature to work in Chrome.