PDA

View Full Version : Add vertical mode to Step Carousel Viewer v1.9

vwphillips
01-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Adds vertical mode to -

Original Script's Title: Step Carousel Viewer v1.9

Original Script's URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

For a demo see:

http://www.vicsjavascripts.org.uk/Demos/120103A.htm

jscheuer1
01-05-2012, 05:58 AM
Neat.

However, hotlinking to the arrowl.gif and the arrowr.gif images on the Dynamic Drive server fails unless those images are already in the browser's cache. Why not get your own copies or make up and down versions and use them instead?

vwphillips
01-05-2012, 10:17 AM
John

I am not sure that I understand you.

What is the difference from downloading an image from my domain or an external domain?

jscheuer1
01-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Dynamic Drive has hotlinking blocked for .gif images. You do know what hotlinking is, right?

To see what I'm talking about though, just close any and all dynamic drive windows/tabs in your browser, also close any and all windows/tabs of your demo and anything else you might have that links to those images, if any, close those too, clear the browser's cache and then navigate to your demo.

Here's how it looks in a browser that shows broken image tokens, in Firefox you get nothing where those images would be, in IE you get the red X (click for larger version):

vwphillips
01-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I see

but I will not update the link as its only a demo and if useful can be used

jscheuer1
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
I only mentioned it because in another thread I saw you linking to it in an effort to help someone. I think they may have been really confused if they viewed it in Firefox and those images didn't show up at all.

I should also have mentioned that one can have dynamic drive windows/tabs open in the browser and this problem can still occur. The only requirement for it to happen is that those images (the dynamic drive server ones) not be in the cache.

If you don't want to update the demo with up down arrows, I'd at least get copies of the dynamic drive images to put on your server so as not to potentially confuse people you're trying to help.

Just my opinion though.