PDA

View Full Version : Log Ins, Buttons, & Keeping Score...

ZThumper
11-10-2004, 05:43 AM
Hi, I'm involved in making a fantasy football website. This is what I'd like to do with the site. I'm running my site through Geocities just to let you know. If ANYONE can help me out with the scripts I'll need to write to make this work it would be so appreciated. I'm good at general scripting and HTML lang but not the advanced stuff.
1) I'd like to have a log in where each individual user can log in to change their bets. (Is this even possible for free websites like Geocities?)
2) I'd like to make a selection page that lists the games for that week and each user can log into their page and make their own personal changes to it.
3) On that personal page I'd like to have for example (GB vs Raiders) with a box on each side they can check to pick which team they think will win.
4) I'd like a submit button at the bottom of this page that will store the selections they've made for that weeks set of games so I can then later access it and make changes to the Score Card and Stats page.

I'm sure all these things are possible and I really would love to make them work on my page. If not or there are any other suggestions on codes that would work or be easier or sites to check out or anything at all please feel free to post a reply as said I'd be sooo happy. Thank you in advance.
- Z

ausant
11-10-2004, 07:00 AM
um.. well i have 4 geocities sites and i have never ever got any logins to work! only 1 that works is one from DD can't remember the title though but it only lets you have 1 user name and 1 password... im sorry dude but i have a fealing that geocities is not the server that you want to be with if you want a username and login:(

ausant
11-10-2004, 07:03 AM
ohh.. sorry i have found out if you buy a domain with yahoo geocities that you can do that stuff :) but i think its round $14.00 :)