PDA

View Full Version : Floating windows

GeetC
12-25-2011, 04:24 PM
In my project i require floating windows to be created.For that i have used javascript DHTMLWidget.js which is provided in this site. When i navigate to the new page the floating windows which are opened are disappering. Is there any way to keep the windows alive even if the navigation happens.

djr33
12-26-2011, 07:02 AM
Are you referring to this script?
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/

That is part of the page, so if you go to a different page, there is no way to keep it.

There are three options:
1. Use this script and don't change anything-- the windows won't stay for the next page.
2. Use real popup windows, creating a new browser window, not something inside the page. Of course you wouldn't be using this script.
3. Don't actually load a new page; use Ajax to replace the content of the current page with another page. This is what facebook does, for example; it's very complicated, though, and requires redesigning your entire site, and it will only work (usually) with pages from your site, not external links.

GeetC
01-05-2012, 08:39 AM
can we check if the window is already opened using this script?

djr33
01-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Have you modified it? Are you using the original version from the demo page?
It's probably possible, but please explain more about what you intend to do (for example, not open it twice, or close it in some event) so we can see how you could accomplish that. It might require modifying the original script.

GeetC
01-09-2012, 10:04 AM
If the window is already opened i have to give alert and should not open the window agian.Can you pelase suggest how it can be accomplished.

GeetC
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I am using the original version of the script only.