PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink DD Menu - Firefox 1.0.6 vs. IE6??

TCArknight
12-17-2005, 04:27 AM
Script: AnyLink Drop Down Menu
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

Here's my problem:

I'm using Dreamweaver 8 to work on a site that is needing the addition of the DD menu. I add the script, don't change a thing, and seems to work perfectly in Firefox. However, when I try it with IE 6, it opens up the dropdowns a tthe extreme top left of the page.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior, or have any suggestions on what I need to check?

Thanks!
Tom

ddadmin
12-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Do you have a URL to the problem page? This script should work in both Firefox and IE, unless Macromedia modified the script somehow upon insertion.

TCArknight
12-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Sure: http://www.uca.edu/divisions/student/intramurals/testsite/intramurals.html

It's the reworking of a piece of the school site as part of my Work-Study. The school provided me with a template to use for dreamweaver, and I'm wondering if something in there might be messing with it. A lot of the links and such are messed up, because of way I've got the testsite laid out at the moment. Under the HPER part of the image map, on Firefox the menu drops down properly. However, for the Fitness next to it, it drops down in the same place. And yet on IE6, it drops down as if the bar was on the top of the page and it drops side by side properly...

Could it be the use of the image map as the whole bar? Maybe I should use a different image map for each button?

Or is there a problem trying to use the DD menu with an image map??

Tom

TCArknight
12-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, I think I figured out that it really may be the use of the image map that is the problem. I did an extra function that added the distance from the edge of the object to the dropdownmenu object offset, and it works fine for the Firefox 1.0.6, but throws the IE wayyyy off... :(

function dropdownimagemapmenu(obj, fromleftedge, e, menucontents, menuwidth)
{
if (window.event)
event.cancelBubble=true
else if (e.stopPropagation)
e.stopPropagation()
clearhidemenu()
dropmenuobj=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("dropmenudiv") : dropmenudiv
populatemenu(menucontents)

if (ie4||ns6)
{
showhide(dropmenuobj.style, e, "visible", "hidden", menuwidth)
dropmenuobj.x=(getposOffset(obj, "left")+fromleftedge)
dropmenuobj.y=getposOffset(obj, "top")
dropmenuobj.style.left=dropmenuobj.x-clearbrowseredge(obj, "rightedge")+"px"
dropmenuobj.style.top=dropmenuobj.y-clearbrowseredge(obj, "bottomedge")+obj.offsetHeight+"px"
}

return clickreturnvalue()
}

ddadmin
12-21-2005, 01:07 PM
The link you posted returns an error unfortunately. Once I see the image map, I can try and come up with the appropriate modification to make it work in that case.