PDA

View Full Version : dynamic ajax content similar to frames?

shamai
12-07-2011, 04:15 PM
1) Script Title:
dynamic ajax content

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:
is this bad for SEO or is it ok?
i plan on pulling in pages that hold content on different portfolio pieces.
when one clicks on the portfolio image it load content right below it about that piece.

shamai
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
anyone?

djr33
12-07-2011, 08:34 PM
It will not be indexed by search engines. Ajax-imported content is not part of the page, so search engines won't see it, and almost all search engines use source code only-- they don't use Javascript actively. That might change, but for now it's not reliable at all (if not NEVER indexed).

You need a backup method that doesn't use Javascript-- links and real pages. But for your regular users, you can still use the ajax script.

That's always a good idea anyway in case someone doesn't have Javascript available or if they are on a mobile device that doesn't support Javascript.

shamai
12-07-2011, 10:05 PM
thanks for the reply!!
ok so can I make the links go to the actual page IF the javascript is disabled. this way maybe google will find those links...

is there a conditional anchor tag i can make? somehow?
i hear <noscript> isn't either indexed by google...

shamai
12-07-2011, 10:12 PM
what about a condition like this?

//if there is javascript//
<script type="text/javascript">
document.write('<style>.'class for links if js is enabled' { display:none }</style>');
document.write('<style>.'class for links with js code { display:block }</style>');
</script>

ill have 2 sets of anchors one that does the js and one that doesn't. by default the js anchor is set to display:none; would that work or the anchors will mess each other up