PDA

View Full Version : rollover magic code

neilkw
12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
hi, ok, it's not magic, but...

i want to create a rollover expander which i have found on this site below. a mouse over the thumbnail image expands the image. Can anyone help me decipher this code. many thanks

http://www.imagesource.com/photography_disc/SF011

Neil

neilkw
12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
just to add...I am viewing this on safari on the mac. My version of IE does not display this occurence. Is this just an IE 5.2 thing?

jscheuer1
12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Its an IE5.2Mac thing. I've 'stolen' the script and have it working locally with a few bugs yet to work out. It seems the server serves up different markup depending upon the browser, I think this can be worked out though I have no way of knowing what Safari is served. This is all a bit moot though, unless we receive permission from Image Source to publish their code, I'll (at most) play with it for my own amusement.

neilkw
12-16-2005, 11:48 AM
I appreciate the feedback. it certainly is some smart looking code.
Basically I began to develop a way of enlarging images like this but it became far too messy.

jscheuer1
12-16-2005, 02:09 PM
It occurs to me that Image Thumbnail Viewer (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm) is close to that effect. You might want to look into it if you haven't already.

neilkw
12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
many thanks. I shall have a peep

Twey
12-16-2005, 02:43 PM
I have no way of knowing what Safari is served.
User input is in bold, my comments are in italics.

prompt> telnet imagesource.com 80
GET /photography_disc/SF011 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.imagesource.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/124 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/125
Accept: */*
Connection: Close
(press enter twice)Copy and paste the resulting HTML. If using *nix (or Cygwin), you can redirect the output to a file with "> file.txt" on the end of the command. This might work in Windows as well; I can't remember. The XP version of telnet is shockingly awful. You might want to use the Cygwin one or HyperTerminal.

vanbao
12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
That is a very cool script. So has any found out how it was done?