PDA

View Full Version : Cant paste completed code and have it run

quesara
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0-

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Ultimate Fade In Slideshow v2.0- .

I inadvertently remove a working slide show from a storefront i am setting up , so I went to a saved copy of the code(copied from a working copy and pasted into dreamweaver9.0)CS3. when I pasted the code back the everything was on the page and worked except the slide show would not run.
I then went to a storefront page which had a working slide show and copied the code and pasted it into a new page and it would not run!!!? I have tried over and over but once I try tp paste the competed code, it won't run. When originally setting it up a year ago I think I used the same process, but now to no avail?

I am n a mac one computer running lion and another running snow leopard , i tried everything in safari and in firefox.. ???and then on explorer on windows xp any help?

jscheuer1
11-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Most likely one of two things have happened:

In pasting in and/or uploading the new code, it got formatted as HTML or otherwise altered.

The code could be fine. It depends upon an external script (fadeslideshow.js), perhaps that's missing.

It could be both, or neither though. To really tell we would need a link to the page. If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on the web that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.