PDA

View Full Version : Javascript advice, Is it possible to do this???

SPSPilot
12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Ok so here is what I am looking to do if it is possible with Javascript and CSS. I have 2 pages, my home page and lets say a product page with a dynamic collapisble vertical nav bar on the left hand side with some submenus and nested submenus.

Navigation vert bar is divided into 3 main topics and then submenus on each topic. (i.e. First Person shooters, MMORPGs, and Adventure)

With this being said is it possible, on my homepage to have some hyperlinked text link to the product page based on what link the user clicked on back on the homepage and then open the vertical nav bar to a particular submenu??

For Example:

Homepage is GAMES:
Hyperlinked Text is: First Person shooters (#)

When they click on the First Person Shooters link it takes them over to the Product area where it will expanded down the Games Collapsible menu of First person shooters.s

SOoooo is this possible at all??? If so can anyone give me some examples cuz I am just pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

sleipner
12-25-2005, 11:08 AM
I would think you would have to put the different variations of the script on each page or make seperate .js files, and check if it has the option to start pre-expanded on page load, though I'm not sure how you would identify which ones were pre-expanded on the later menu items.

thats my basic guess anyway...