PDA

View Full Version : Unable to display Hebrew (UTF-8) on Pausing RSS scroller

geekim
11-10-2011, 06:07 AM
1) Script Title: Pausing RSS scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/

3) Describe problem: I'm playing around for hours now trying to solve the problem, i've set up everything just fine and made sure that everything identify it as UTF-8 but i'm still unable to show hebrew, all is see is gibbrish..

The original lastRSS script has UTF-8 setting in them, and the page goes in perfect Hebrew to Cache folder, and on the HTML page itself i've used hebrew settings but still, somewhere (possibly on one of the other functions) it changes the hebrew into gibbrish. how do i add UTF-8 support ?

jscheuer1
11-11-2011, 03:11 AM
This came up before. lastRSS is outdated. Anyways, I used simplepie with which I'm a tad bit more familiar. It's been a while since I did this and it's not my area of expertise. But I kept a copy of my work. I found a news feed in Hebrew and it worked with that. The usage as far as what goes on your page (demo.htm) and what you edit in scrollerbridge.php haven't changed much, hopefully the comments in the files show the differences. I think it was primarily the cache interval from seconds to milliseconds or something like that. If you have any questions, let me know. Here's a demo I think you can probably adapt to your purposes: