PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.3 columns issue

oliverd
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink JS Drop Down Menu v2.3

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: I cannot get the multi-column menu to work to save my life! My code from my version of menucontents.js is here:

var anylinkmenu3={divclass:'anylinkmenucols', inlinestyle:'width:150px; background: lightblue', linktarget:'secwin' } //Second menu variable. Same precaution.
anylinkmenu3.cols={divclass:'column', inlinestyle:''} //menu.cols if defined creates columns of menu links segmented by keyword "efc"
anylinkmenu3.items=[
["Technical Services", "services_testing.html"],
["Technical Assistance Request Form", "BRCService.html", "efc"],
["Flexivent (coming soon)", "services_testing.html"],
["Smoke Exposure Request Form", "Smoking.html"]//no comma following last entry!

I even cut-and-pasted the code right from the example on DD, and still couldn't get the columns to work. The menu pops up as a vertical list with no columns. I have a feeling the problem I'm having is to do with the "menu.cols if defined creates columns of menu links etc." So, my question is, how do I define that??

ddadmin
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Did you modify anything inside anylinkmenu.css that may have caused the default columns layout to be removed? Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.