PDA

View Full Version : Browser Issues.. How to Fix?

Sarin
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
I finished a webasite for someone and people with different browsers are having issues. (Chrome, Safari, and Smart Phones) The website is all over the palce aparently.

How do I make a website compatible with all browsers and smart phones?

Here's the website:

www.DBNPythons.com

azoomer
11-07-2011, 03:31 PM
If you start out with a css reset like the meyer reset (http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/) and adjust the style from there, it will increase the chances of cross browser compatibility. The smartphones may require some more work though.

Sarin
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the link.

I seem to have it pretty good, except my table keeps shifting to the right on IE and Safari, but looks perfect in Firefox. Is there any fix for this?

azoomer
11-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm a bit lost when it comes to tables so I can't suggest anything right now. However, I noticed that the lower part of the page shifts to the left in relation to the header when I resize the window, making it narrower. In other words, the header aligns to the left border of the window whereas the lower part is still being centered, that makes it look a little strange in a narrow window. You may consider using divs instead of tables and making a wrapper div around the header and content all together. But I guess somebody else might have an easier fix though.