PDA

View Full Version : ddlevelmenu - menu hides when it should stay shown

millerg
11-02-2011, 10:36 AM
1) Script Title: ddlevelsmenu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/

3) Describe problem:
when you open a sublevel menu and move the mouse out of the menu it closes, fine.
but if the next level menu up is still shown, due to the timeout, and you move the mouse back over it then that menu should stay visible but instead hides when the timeout finishes.

is there a way to clear/reset the timeout when you move back over a visible menu?

ddadmin
11-02-2011, 04:22 PM
It should behave this way by default already- cancel the hide timeout if the mouse moves back over a sub menu while it's still visible after the mouse initially moves out of it. How long do you have the timeout value set to?

millerg
11-03-2011, 08:12 AM
time-out is currently set to 1000.

If I go through the menus, staying within the lines, then it all works fine.
But if on the 3rd level menu you go out of the lines when going back to the 2nd level menu then the 3rd menu disappears instantly and the 2nd level will disappear after the time-out even though I am now within it's borders.

millerg
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
I have found that if you leave the 3rd level menu and then return to the 2nd level , first leaving the menu completely, if you roll-over a menu item with a sub-menu then the time-out isn't reset and the menu will disappear, but if you roll-over a menu item without a sub-menu then the time-out is reset and the menu stays visible.

millerg
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
A bit more investigation has found that:-

it works in IE6 :o
if doesn't work in FF or Chrome or IE with Chrome Frame :(

it appears the mouseover event for the <li> to open the submenu is causing the mouseover in the menu <div> to not fire.

millerg
11-11-2011, 11:14 AM
found the cause lines 191/2
if (e.stopPropagation)
e.stopPropagation()

removing these lines solves the problem.

ddadmin
11-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Thanks for sharing your findings.