PDA

View Full Version : Content Slider and Mulitple Browsers

willscarlet
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: The slider works just fine in IE (all versions as best as I can tell), but when I open my site in Firefox or chrome (Any Version) I get no pagination and this message "Fetching slider Contents. Please wait..." and my loading.gif. If I cange any code to try and make it work on Firefox and Chrome, it just messes it up in IE and still does not work in the other browsers. Any advice?

Thank you all for your time and help.

ajfmrf
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM
It is real important to post the problem page so people can see what you have otherwise it would be impossible to help find the issue.

So please post the page you have the problem with so someone can possibly help you.

Bud

willscarlet
10-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh, it is not hosted online yet, It's still being built. I cannot host it until I fix that little problem. Should I take a screenshot and show you?

jscheuer1
10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
If you're using the AJAX method of importing contents for the slider from a file, it may not work locally in those browsers. If you have a local server like wamp or xamp for testing PHP or something like that, try it out on that.

But a screen shot won't tell us much. If you still want help, put together a demo of the problem and put it up live somewhere we can see it. It doesn't have to be linked in to any other pages, but it must have all the scripts, css and any other files and images it needs to be viewed properly in IE. Then we can figure out if there's still a problem in those others. As I say, simply making it live might solve the problem.

willscarlet
10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Ah, I am very sorry guys, i'm really new at all this. I grabbed XAMPP and ran it through the localhost and it works fine. Thank you guys very much for your time, help, and patience.