PDA

View Full Version : Targeting a JavaScript Source to a Specific HTML location

Banderas
10-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi

I have a small issue which i wish to find a solution for it with you guys :)

i have this pure HTML code (for ex. a table with 3 cells) and on the top there is a JavaScript Source file included:

[ICODE]<script type="text/javascript" src="....."></script>[ICODE]

Now this source will show some results like twitter timeline or youtube channel videos ... etc.

How can show these results (which brought by this JavaScript source file) in the 2nd cell of that table in the HTML code ... but WITHOUT using a single word of JavaScript inside this HTML code, i thought of using the ID of the cell but i don't know how ... if someone knows it will be appreciated :)

Thanks

jscheuer1
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
The specifics would depend upon the script. If you cannot edit it, that makes it harder, perhaps impossible, though that's unlikely.

Where do the results ordinarily show?

Can you edit the script?

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Banderas
10-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Will ... i can edit the script, but the reason for asking is that we are using an old kind of content management which only allows you to include javascript files (no in-line scripts allowed) so i need to find away to display for example the twitter timeline for a user on our website, like putting a div or table cell with an ID and the javascript source file will target showing the twitter timeline for this user to this specific div or table cell.

Thanks for your reply John :)