PDA

View Full Version : Query Re "Chained Selects" Within A Form To Be Emailed

NGJ
12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi,

Reference:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/chainedselects/index.htm

I'm trying to incorporate an element of this code within a Form that will be emailed. I'd like to capture the values of each level of the derived link.

Ok, having referenced the javascript, the code looks a bit like this...

<body onload="initListGroup('chainedmenu', document.listmenu0.firstlevel, document.listmenu0.secondlevel, document.listmenu0.thirdlevel, 'savestate')">

<form name="listmenu0" method="post" action="mailto:me@mygaff" enctype="text/plain">

<form name="listmenu0">
<table align="center"><tr>
// form items
<td><select name="firstlevel" style="width:180px;"></select></td>
<td><select name="secondlevel" style="width:160px;"></select></td>
<td><select name="thirdlevel" style="width:160px;"></select></td>
// more form items, etc.,

Now, instead of using the code (as provided) to actually open/launch a derived URL from the 'thirdlevel' - i.e.

<td><input type="button" value="Go" onclick="goListGroup(document.listmenu0.firstlevel, document.listmenu0.secondlevel, document.listmenu0.thirdlevel)">
</tr></table>
</form>

... What I'm actually trying to get is the email to capture the
firstlevel
secondlevel
& thirdlevel values

As it stands, when I 'Submit', it only returns a value relating to the 'thirdlevel' item - the other two are left blank.

Anybody got a suggestion as to how I can tweak this to capture the other two values also. Alternatively, can you suggest another way to do 'chained selects' that might work with this?

Thanks (again!) in advance,

N.

jesse
12-10-2005, 08:16 PM
This would go under JavaScript.

function
07-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this.

I want the same functionality.

Each level of my chained selects needs to be entered into a database but the code 'as is' only reconises the last field name in the chain.

This sounds to me like the same problem you had with the selects.
Please could you post a reply here on the forum. or email me @ james@new-webs.com if you found a solution or an alternative.

thanks!!!!

jr_yeo
07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
This would go under JavaScript.

not really :D

this should go under Dynamic Drive scripts help coz this (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/chainedselects/index.htm) is taken from DD :p

function
07-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Why doesn't the form submit the values for the first and second fields and only sends the data from the last form field??????