PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox add Facebook Like buttton

maske
09-17-2011, 06:38 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox v2.03

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...box2/index.htm

3) Describe problem: Works great but I want to add a facebook like button below where the caption is or somewhere on the picture. Can you please help urgently?

FYI: searched the website and the web and there is no proper descriptions for how to do this.

example site:

http://www.jackdevlin.co.uk/Baby_Photography_Manchester.html

Thanks!

maske
09-18-2011, 11:49 AM
can any1 help at all?

jscheuer1
09-21-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm not sure I know how to do it. It seems pretty clear that you must have a facebook account and a facebook button widget. These you get from facebook. Do you have these?

Also, the page you linked to doesn't use Lightbox, it has a script called Colorbox on it, but it looks like they're perhaps using Fancybox. Either of those would probably be better choices than Lightbox for this.

Are you willing to look at these other scripts?

maske
09-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks 4 the reply!

Yes they use Fancybox and I heard its possible with Lightbox but noone seems to say how they did it.

Yes the site you looked at uses Fancybox. I have already installed lightbox and its all working on my site all I need to do is find a way to insert my "like" button code within the relevat file.

BTW, yes I have my link for my facebook like.

Thanks again and hope you guys know/find a way for me to do this...

jscheuer1
09-22-2011, 05:19 AM
OK, as I said, I'm not sure. And, after closer examination, that's colorbox not fancybox that they're using. The code for both is on the page, but the 'box' duties are being performed by colorbox. Either way, both those scripts have configurable title/caption functions. Lightbox 2.03a only provides for a text link. That's why I asked about you updating to one of those other scripts. They're much better suited to this. Anyways, are you even certain that you're using Lightbox 2.03a? Last I checked it was up to version 2.05, which is the first version that purports to work well in IE 9. And not that 2.05 offers anything more in the way of a title/caption function (it actually offers a little less - doesn't have the DD added link capability that 2.03a has), but before I started really working on it, I would want to know the version. They do vary considerably as far as what could work for something like this. Colorbox or Fancybox would probably be better choices.

maske
09-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi,

I have set lightbox to open a splash screen as soon as my website loads so its like a welcome screen, I have read posts where people have turned the caption into a link and just wondered if I can turn it into a like box instead or add a like box next to it.

I use 2.3a but will install 2.5 if its better suited. Ill read and look into that.

Will take a look at the scripts you suggested aswell but in the mean time if anyone finds a solution to my original question I would like to know as lightbox is also used in the script I use for my website, its gallery section uses lightbox and would be nice to learn how to add a like button to them too.

So i do also need a solution for lightbox.

Thanks