PDA

View Full Version : Cmotion won't show up in Internet Explorer

daphinay
12-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi,
Im a total novice, and I am designing this web page. Im using a Mac to edit my code, and I used the Cmotion script to put an image gallery on the main page.
The problem is that the gallery won't show up in IE. It puts the footer in place of the gallery which is very confusing.

Can someone please help me figure out what's wrong? The Cmotion code works fine with Safari on my mac, and fine with Firefox on my PC just not IE.

Link to the main page (http://amitainc.com)

Thanks,
Daphne

jscheuer1
12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
There are other problems with the layout (possibly also caused by this same thing) but, the thing that is preventing it from showing up at all in IE are the non-standard HTML comments, ex:

<!--********************************************* CAVALIER WHITE PATTERN START --***************************************>

A comment should begin with:

<!--

and a space.

A comment should end with a space and:

-->

There were several of these non-standard comments in the portion of the markup that contains the images for the gallery. IE thinks that the code for the images is a part of the comment(s) and not to be displayed. The above example comment could be made standard like so:

<!-- _______ CAVALIER WHITE PATTERN START _______ -->