PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Ajax Content

ts0247
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I was wondering if the script can be easily modified so that the text link can load another site page, ie
<li><a href="javascript:ajaxpage('http://mysite.com','content');">My Site</a></li>

It works great loading my server pages but would like to load some external server pages.

Thanks in advance

jscheuer1
09-14-2011, 02:01 AM
You're talking possible copyright infringement there. It could make the other site's content look as though it were your own. And on another front, browser security prevents cross domain AJAX calls. That's to prevent making one site look like another in order to get personal information from users.

This is not to say that something can't be worked out. But it's certainly more complicated than a same domain AJAX call. And since we cannot be sure the net effect wouldn't present a copyright and/or security violation, we are not allowed to help you here. It's against forum rules.

ts0247
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi John,
So what is the difference from getting a external webpage to show on my site from a common ahref text link on a page. What I am trying to do is be able to put external content into a div by clicking a text or button link, say I want to have a side bar navigation that links to a rss feed or a website news page and I want it to show in a div on my page. The Dynamic Ajax Content script will take any page form my server and show it but external href pages won't display. Is this still infringement and if not can it be done?
Steve

jscheuer1
09-14-2011, 09:37 PM
For a feed, you can use any of the many and various scripts available for that purpose. You cannot take another sites content though - say a page, and show it in a division on your own site. That could be plagiarism. But I'm not here to judge that, only to say that because I cannot I'm not allowed to help you with it as per forum rules. Also though, as I said before, browsers won't allow it.