PDA

View Full Version : Flex Drop Down Menu v1.2 fails in Windows 7



NetResult
09-13-2011, 09:36 PM
1) Script Title: Flex Level Drop Down Menu v1.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/flexdropdown.htm

3) Describe problem: The drop-down menus WERE working in Windows 7 until the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Update in August 2011. When I installed this update on my Dad's computer (which I use for testing) the drop-down menus no longer appeared. This happened in all 3 browsers on W7: IE9, Firefox, Safari.

However, there is no problem with this using Windows XP in IE8, FF6.0.2 nor Safari in XP. It seems to be related to the Windows 7 SP1 Update, and/or IE9.

See my test site at www.netresult.ws/LANGtest Here you will see the complete homepage and only the banners of the remaining Web pages.

Is the problem with Windows 7 SP1 Update?
Is the problem in a security setting for his computer?
Is the ajax.googleapis.com content getting blocked in Windows 7?
Is the problem happening in other Windows 7 computers, or just my Dad's?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

FrickenTrevor
09-13-2011, 11:16 PM
The site works fine on my computer. Im running Windows 7 on an HP computer.

I doubt any frameworks or anything else like that got blocked. Have you looked at the code? Perhaps trying different browser versions or different browsers?

NetResult
09-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks FrickenTrevor. When I did the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Update in late August, it upgraded Internet Explorer to v9.0.2. I'm not sure which version was operating before, probably v9.0.1? Anyway, the drop-down menus WERE working until the Update.

I then installed FF6.0 and Safari on the computer. The drop-down menus wouldn't work in them either.

I also checked the security settings on that computer and couldn't improve the situation.

I hope to get feedback from other Windows 7 users to see if they have a problem or not. Thanks for your feedback.

(I'm new to using this forum, so I messed up a little posting a thanks/reply.)

jscheuer1
09-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Works fine here Win 7 IE 9 Firefox 6.x. I have live update, so I'm always running the latest on my Toshiba Satellite.

Sounds like it might be a setting in the Win 7 OS or in an anti-virus/malware program. Possibly even a toolbar add on if you have the same one on all the affected browsers.

NetResult
09-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Thank you jscheuer1. I'll look into the anti-virus software on that computer. I also heard from a Windows Vista user with IE9 and the drop-down menus DO work there. So IE9 may not be the problem.

So Windows 7 from several users seems to be good, just my Dad's computer must have some settings that interfere.

Thanks so much for your help! I'M SO RELIEVED because I want to move forward on this Web project and this is the last "malfunction" that I've had to deal with!