PDA

View Full Version : getting images to load into div with html

Shade7m
09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
1) Script Title: Dynamic Ajax Content

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: OK, I got the html document to load ok, but the images within said document don't load along with it. I even tried setting up the folder structure the same way as in the demo. How does the demo manage to get the images to load? What am I doing wrong here?

jscheuer1
09-08-2011, 01:41 AM
It's hard to say for sure without a link to your page.

Generally the answer is that the image isn't where the code says that it is.

Remember that once the external page's HTML is imported to the 'top' page, any paths to images on it are now relative to the location of the 'top' page, not to the external page. If there's ever any doubt, you can always use the absolute path.

If you want more help:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Brillig
09-08-2011, 08:08 PM
If you have the folder structure set up the same way, it should work.

Are you getting the red x where the image should be? One quick way to diagnose with Chrome (or Firefox with Firebug installed) is to right click on the area where the image should be and select "Inspect Element". Then you can ascertain exactly where the browser is looking to find the images and diagnose the problem from there.