PDA

View Full Version : step carousel viewer

alixohaib
08-27-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/stepcarousel.htm

can any one tell how to put a preloader image until all the images in the slider are loaded....like when a person opens the webpage he should always see the slider images completely loaded and until that he should see the loader image...please can any one help me with this thing....

XManBG
08-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Could you please post a link to your site and tell us also, where do you like the preloader sign to show??

Cheers

alixohaib
08-28-2011, 07:07 AM
i havent uploaded the website yet....but i would like to see the gif loader image right in the centre of the slider....please tell me how can i do that

XManBG
08-28-2011, 02:30 PM
As long as I've understood the code of the carousel, there is no option included, to show the loader during pictures loading, and only for AJAX requests.

Within the carousel options, I've noted this one:

oninit:function(){
//custom code here
}

Maybe you can use this, if you have shown one custom loader and hidden all the images at the beginning.

Other option is, that you can use the onload event for a new Image(), which occurs after the image is completely loaded. So on page start, you're showing the custom loader and after img load, you hide it and show the complete image(s).

alixohaib
08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
can u give me the exact code for it....

XManBG
08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Maybe, if you first upload your site... just for my ease, not to create the whole site from scratch...