PDA

View Full Version : swiss army slideshow with PayPal integration

shanecorcoran89
08-25-2011, 03:35 PM
1) Script Title: swiss army slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...army/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Hi all,
I've posted this up before but i had no response yet< please help!!
I was just wondering is it possible to integrate PayPal with the swiss army slideshow, it would be a great help if possible.

Thanks in advance

Shane

djr33
08-25-2011, 07:35 PM
There's a reason you had no replies before: you're asking a very vague question.

Do you want paypal on the same page? Do you want paypal to somehow rotate through the slideshow? Do you want the visitor to pay to use the slideshow?

Link us to your site if there's any relevant information there and FULLY explain your question. Then we can help.

shanecorcoran89
08-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Sorry about that. The site is not live yet but ill try explain.
Say i have 10 painting on one slideshow and each one is a different price, is it possible to have a paypal button for each painting in the slideshow.

Thanks again.

Shane

jscheuer1
08-26-2011, 04:20 PM
You could probably make the description/caption include that. You would just need to know how to include html code into the description field.

Like where it has:

slides[0] = ["photo1.jpg", "Kissing Fools"];

"Kissing Fools" is the description. As long as it's all on one line, you can put a PayPal button in there. Just change the the delimiters to single quotes:

'Kissing Fools'

slides[0] = ["photo1.jpg", 'Kissing Fools - <form target="_blank" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><span style="font-size: 75%">*Buy now using PayPal!</span><input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick"><input type="hidden" name="business" value="youremail@yourserver.com"><input type="hidden" name="undefined_quantity" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Whatever"><input type="hidden" name="item_number" value="3"><input type="hidden" name="amount" value="15.00"><input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="cs" value="1"><input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD"><input title="Get Tickets with PayPal - it\'s fast and secure!" type="image" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but01.gif" name="submit" alt="Get Tickets with PayPal - it\'s fast and secure!" style="margin:0 5px;position:relative;top:7px!important;top:10px;"></form>'];

Use your own PayPal form. If there are any single quotes in it, escape those, examples -

correct:

That\'s Good

incorrect:

This'll mess up

shanecorcoran89
08-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Hi John that was great help thanks!!
I used the code you posted it exactly what im looking for but can you please tell me how to get rid of the second paypal button as shown in the attached images.

Thank you very much,

shane

jscheuer1
08-26-2011, 05:43 PM
It looks like you're doing something that makes two descriptions. If you have something like the highlighted:

var slides2=[]; //SECOND SLIDESHOW
//configure the below images and descriptions to your own.
slides2[0] = ["photo6.jpg", "Crucifix"];
slides2[1] = ["photo7.jpg", "Alter Boys"];
slides2[2] = ["photo8.jpg", "Young Pan"];
slides2[3] = ["photo9_thumb.jpg", "Mona Lisa"];
//optional properties for these images:
slides2.desc_prefix='<b>Description:<\/b> '; //string prefix for image descriptions display
slides2.controls_top=1; //use for top controls
slides2.counter=1; //use to show image count
slides2.width=140; //use to set width of widest image if dimensions vary
slides2.height=225; //use to set height of tallest image if dimensions vary
slides2.no_auto=1; //use to make show completely user operated (no play button, starts in stopped mode)
slides2.use_alt=1; //use for descriptions as images alt attributes
slides2.use_title=1; //use for descriptions as images title attributes
slides2.nofade=1; //use for no fade-in, fade-out effect for this show
slides2.border=2; //set border width for images
slides2.border_color='lightblue'; //set border color for images

under where you're declaring the images, get rid of that.

If that's not it, and you want more help, I'd need to see a live demo of the problem.

shanecorcoran89
08-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Ah that was the problem thank you. Sorry for being a nuisance but where in the lines of code does it point to your specific paypal account, Sorry!

Shane

jscheuer1
08-27-2011, 12:30 AM
My specific PayPal account? I edited that out. If you want to make a donation, see the bottom of my posts at the end where it says:

or: PayPal - Donate

Click on either of those.

But if you mean you don't know how to make a PayPal button that points to your account, that's disturbing. I can and will tell you, but it probably means you understand too little about PayPal. At the very least you should download and read or at least skim:

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/pdf/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGuide.pdf

I'd recommend paying particular attention to the section:

6 Securing Your Website Payments Standard Buttons

OK, that said, when you signed up for your PayPal account, you gave them an email address. That - unless you changed it later is the account's primary email address. So, to have a button pay to that account, put that address in the value attribute of the business input of the form:

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="your_primary_email_address_on _your_paypal_account">

shanecorcoran89
08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi John,

Ya sorry i've never used paypal before i'm very new to this, thanks for the help with everything, i'll read what you posted.

Shane