PDA

View Full Version : Step Carousel On First/Last Slide Remove Fast Fwd & Rewind and Jump To Slide Instead

nickrowe_2k
08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi I've only just joined today and am looking to resolve an issue I am having with the Step Carousel.

Basically I need the carousel to jump to the first slide if the user clicks the forward button or autosteps forward on the last slide.

And also to jump back to the last slide if the user clicks back on the first slide.
At the moment the code does this but utilizes some horrible fast forward/rewind motion.

If the autostep or user clicks past the last image it should jump straight to the first without reeling through and showing the others and vice versa for going from the first to last.

I've searched several posts and many people seem to have had this issue but I've not come accross ANY successful resolutions.
I pretty much just want the carousel to continuously loop around without this horrible forwarding problem.

I would have thought a straight forward jumpto slide kind of feature could be added.

Please can anyone assist me, many thanks in advance.

Please see my code in the attached zip file.

JShor
08-01-2011, 05:12 PM
It works just fine for me. What browser/version are you testing this on where it doesn't work? And can you be a little bit more descriptive about the problem?

FYI, this post belongs in the Dynamic Drive scripts help board, not in the JavaScript board.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

thread moved - jscheuer1

nickrowe_2k
08-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Hi Jshor,

I realise that but the DD script help board wouldn't let me post to it, it kept asking for a url where the script was posted when I simply wanted to attach the file bundle to the post :/ wasn't really sure what to do.

In my first post I mentioned that the script works fine it just doesn't work the way I need it to :)

Basically when it jumps from the first to last slide (or the other way around) you get this horrible fast forward or rewind motion where it goes through all the images in between. Where as I need it to do something like when the user clicks > on the last frame or it autosteps on the last frame to go to the first (not rewind back to the first).

I need it to do the same when the user clicks back < at frame 1. Currently it would fast forward through the images to the last frame. Where as I just need it to go to frame 1 to the last.

I hope thats a bit more useful.

regards Nick

nickrowe_2k
08-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Its not a browser related issue its a functionality related issue :)

djr33
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
But it is functionality in a certain browser, right? That means it is a browser compatibility issue, even if it affects functionality.

nickrowe_2k
08-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Lol no maybe I wasn't clear in my description apologies.

If you test the zip file it works in all browsers, the problem is the transition effect of the slide. I simply want it to step from the last slide to first slide.

At the moment it fast rewinds through all the slides back to the first slide where as it should just loop forward one slide back to slide one. If you test it you'll see what I mean.
And the issue applies for the reverse (going from the last slide back to the first).

The carousel works fine in ALL browsers, just not the way that I need it too.

I hope this is a bit more clear now :)
thanks in advance

regards Nick