PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Hover Syles Allowed? External links in addition to mouseover content?

DLC
07-25-2011, 07:01 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

I have been able to customize the layout and style beautifully. I am using custom text (markup) for the pagination options.

a) How can I apply a different hover style to each? It appears they all have to be the toc class for it to work properly.

b) I have it set to show the content upon mouseover, can I also set an external link for the click, after the mouseover has occurred?

Thanks so much!

ddadmin
07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
For a), you can add another CSS class to the pagination link(s) in question on top of "toc", then style that class in your CSS as desired. For example:

<a href="#" class="toc">First Page</a> <a href="#" class="toc anotherclass">Second Page</a> <a href="#" class="toc">Third Page</a> <a href="#" class="prev" style="margin-left: 10px"><</a> <a href="#" class="next">></a>

And in your CSS, something like:

.pagination a.anotherclass:hover{
background:lightblue;
}

For b) I'm not sure I understand. If you've set the slides to appear onMouseover of the pagination links, clicking on the links should navigate to a webpage. That's the case in the 4th demo (one with image thumbnail pagination links) on the DD script page.

DLC
07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Thank you so much! I realize now that I meant to ask about the pagination a.selected - is there a way to have it highlight a different color as it flashes through? I used your example and the multiple hover colors work great. I tried to apply varying selected colors using the same method, but I must be doing something wrong.

B) You were right, it is working great now - thanks!

ddadmin
07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Hmm I'm a little confused- .pagination a.selected by definition only targets one link within the pagination DIV, namely, the currently selected link. What do you mean by multiple hover colors? Do you mean multiple hover colors for each link within the pagination DIV, regardless of whether it's selected? If so, just expand upon the solution I posted above, by also adding a :hover state to each additional class and styling it, for example:

.pagination a.anotherclass:hover{
color:white;
background:black;
}