PDA

View Full Version : .js external ???

PeeLister
07-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Image Power Zoomer

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/powerzoomer.htm

"The above code references an .js external file plus two images which you should download below (right click, and select "Save As")"

What do they mean by this? Where do I save it to?

Also, when I try to save the script, it tells me

"Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup."

Thank you!

djr33
07-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Websites consist of files and folders (called directories in this case) linked together using URLs. URLs are sometimes referred to as links, SRCs ("sources"), or HREFs (as in <a> tags for links). The details are not very important at the moment. What you need to do is save 4 files to your website: an HTML page (.htm, .html, or equivalent), the .js JavaScript file from the script page, and 2 images. As it says, right click and choose "save as" then locate these files and upload them to your site. Then you will need to check to be sure that the paths (relative URLs) to these files in your HTML page are correct.

Please post a link to your site once you have a page if you have more trouble and we can try to help then.

The directions on the script pages are clear if you understand the concepts, but if these concepts are new for you of course it can be confusing. Take it slowly and it will begin to make sense and everything should fall into place-- and you'll learn more about web design as you do so.