PDA

View Full Version : multiple level navigational bar III - cause html form dro-down to vanish

sdawso1
11-29-2005, 07:28 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/topmen3/index.htm

When the cursor activates any drop downs from the top bar menu,
the html drop downs <select><option> embedded within an html form
vanish. They re-appear when cursor is off the menu bar and the mouse is clicked any where on the page. This only occurs with IE.

I have isolated the menubar scripts and the form to eliminate any extraneous scripts and it still occurs. Any suggestions? There are no script errors being detected on the page.

jscheuer1
11-29-2005, 09:03 PM
That is actually a 'feature'. As it so happens, in IE6 (and earlier) a drop down cannot drop over a select box. The solution is to temporarily render them invisible. Apparently this menu has that built in. If its behavior is inappropriate (meaning that at all conceivable window widths the drop downs would never drop over, actually behind, one of your selects as they are too far down the page to pose a potential conflict) this behavior should be able to be turned off. Ideally, it would be a configuration setting but, if not, it is probably in the .js unit that deals with IE and will probably have the word 'select' in it.

If you want more help:

jscheuer1
11-29-2005, 09:06 PM
I just checked, it is a configuration setting in custom.js:

var hideSELECT = false; // auto-hide select boxes when menus open (ie only)

sdawso1
11-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Don't know why I never noticed that in custom.js but thanks, I tried it and it works.