PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Army Slideshow - Button positioning

shanecorcoran89
07-16-2011, 10:14 PM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi, I was wondering is there anyway to position the buttons and description (in slide2) to the side of the slideshow rather than below the images.

Thanks for any help!

Shane

jscheuer1
07-17-2011, 02:27 AM
See:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/blog.php?b=18

shanecorcoran89
07-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi John,

Sorry but i cant seem to figure out how to change the position of the buttons and description, could you please let me know where about in the js file i need to change??

Thanks
Shane

shanecorcoran89
07-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi,
Can anyone please help me with the following post.
Im not too sure what code to edit on the swiss army slide

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

jscheuer1
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Tell me where you want the buttons and descriptions to be and post a link to a page on your site that shows what you have so far.

shanecorcoran89
07-22-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi,

Im not online with it yet but ive attached a screen shot if that would be any help

Thanks for reply

jscheuer1
07-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Something like:

http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/files/swiss_updateb.htm

?

If so, use your browser's 'view source' to get the code.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

shanecorcoran89
07-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi John,

That worked great, thank you very much, its exactly what i was looking for!!

Sorry to be annoying but is there any way to change the slideshow background color to transparent, whenever i change it, the images overlay and you can see bigger images behind smaller images, Does there have to be a solid color as a background?

Thanks again

Shane

jscheuer1
07-22-2011, 12:51 PM
You've really answered your own question. Yes but then there will be bleed through if different sized images are involved.

However, if your purpose is to make it appear as though a background image is showing through, that can often be done, but not always.

Say you have a background image for the body, say it's mybg.jpg. You can then put this in the style section:

#canvas0_0, #canvas0_1 {
background-image: url(mybg.jpg);
}

But it probably won't line up with the image for the body. So you can use the the background-position property, example:

#canvas0_0, #canvas0_1 {
background-image: url(mybg.jpg);
background-position: 20px 100px;
}

20px is how far from the left you want the background image to start, 200px is how far from the top. Negative values may be used. Trial and error may be required to get the required values. If the layout is fluid, there may be no values that will work in all window sizes.

Setting the html and body elements' margin and padding to 0 will help make it more cross browser, that's assuming the layout is amenable in the first place.

If you want more help with it you would have to put up a demo of the page somewhere I can see it in action.