PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Help?

megsyv
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Hey, fellows! I've been struggling with my portfolio site for what feels like ages now; I'm getting pretty desperate! This is kind of a big issue - everywhere I apply looks only at my webpage to consider me for a position, and if that isn't working they'll chuck me right out of the applicants pile. Help!

Here is the webpage: http://megsyv.com/portfolio.html

The images do not operate on the lightbox script, instead opening in their own pages. Every relevant lightbox file has been uploaded to the public ftp, in it's own folder titled "lightbox", and moved to multiple locations throughout the root, so file placement is not the issue.
I also tried renaming the file and all subsequent points in the code to "lightbox2", which, while it did not solve the problem, prompted to action from the script whatsoever, no longer opening images in their own windows.

Thanks!

bluewalrus
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
These files aren't where they are suppose to be

<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/prototype.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/scriptaculous.js?load=effects,builder"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/lightbox.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

megsyv
07-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Where would one typically upload these files on the host? The root? The public ftp? A separate folder?

bluewalrus
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Any of those places assuming the user has access to the folder they are in. I'd recommend the public_html folder. You can use a separate folder if you'd like just change the location. Looks like the lightbox site I normally link (huddledtogether) to has been hacked or expired. You just need the JS and css accesible to your browser you could even link it to someone elses site that has it (I don't recommend this because if they change it or remove it you will lose functionality).

megsyv
07-18-2011, 12:17 AM
HOLY CRAP.

After moving all the files to the /public_html root folder instead of blindly throwing it into one folder after another, the code is finally up and running!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!