PDA

View Full Version : Display on only one ASPX page

MLNorton@aeitv.net
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Controls Gallery v1.4 with Master Page

2) Script URL (on DD): /*Make sure your page contains a valid doctype at the top*/
#simplegallery1{ //CSS for Simple Gallery Example 1
position: relative; /*keep this intact*/
visibility: hidden; /*keep this intact*/
border: 2px solid black;
}

#simplegallery1 .gallerydesctext{ //CSS for description DIV of Example 1 (if defined)
text-align: left;
padding: 2px 5px;
}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript" src="simplegallery.js">

/***********************************************
* Simple Controls Gallery- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more
***********************************************/

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var mygallery=new simpleGallery({
wrapperid: "simplegallery1", //ID of main gallery container,
dimensions: [300, 226], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of the images exactly
imagearray: [
["BrigadeImages/01.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/02.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/03.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/04.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/05.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/06.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/07.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/08.jpg", "", "", ""],
["BrigadeImages/09.jpg", "", "", ""]
],
autoplay: [true, 2500, 2], //[auto_play_boolean, delay_btw_slide_millisec, cycles_before_stopping_int]
persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
fadeduration: 500, //transition duration (milliseconds)
oninit:function(){ //event that fires when gallery has initialized/ ready to run
//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance (ie: try this.navigate("play/pause"))
},
onslide:function(curslide, i){ //event that fires after each slide is shown
//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance
//curslide: returns DOM reference to current slide's DIV (ie: try alert(curslide.innerHTML)
//i: integer reflecting current image within collection being shown (0=1st image, 1=2nd etc)
}
})

</script>

3) Describe problem:
Reference Simple Controls Gallery v1.4:
I have successfully been able to display my photos on an HTML page. I need to display my photos on an INDEX.ASPX page created from a Master Page. I have been able to use the INDEX.ASPX page by creating a div covering the entire area of the ContentPlaceHolder and then placing the simplegallery1 div inside of it. This works well.

PROBLEM:

I have several other ASPX pages and when I run any of them I get the following message:

“DIV with ID “simplwgallery1” not found on page”

How do I prevent the other pages from looking for a “simplegallery1” div?

jscheuer1
07-13-2011, 06:24 PM
It would be best to simply arrange not to have the script on pages that are not using it.

As difficult as that might sound, I'm sure there is a fairly simple way. Like you could put the tags for the script and the on page portion of the script on the include that has the simplegallery1 division on it.

However, the alert is around line #58 in the simplegallery.js file:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
var setting=slideshow.setting
setting.$wrapperdiv=$('#'+setting.wrapperid).css({position:'relative', visibility:'visible', background:'black', overflow:'hidden', width:setting.dimensions[0], height:setting.dimensions[1]}).empty() //main gallery DIV
if (setting.$wrapperdiv.length==0){ //if no wrapper DIV found
//alert("Error: DIV with ID \""+setting.wrapperid+"\" not found on page.")
return
}
setting.$gallerylayers=$('<div cla . . .

Using a text only editor like NotePad, you can add the comment token (red in the above) as shown. It will no longer give that alert.