PDA

View Full Version : Display on Control Place Holder

MLNorton@aeitv.net
07-12-2011, 12:52 AM
1) Script Title: Simple Control Script

2) Script URL (on DD): /*Make sure your page contains a valid doctype at the top*/
#simplegallery1{ //CSS for Simple Gallery Example 1
position: relative; /*keep this intact*/
visibility: hidden; /*keep this intact*/
border: 10px solid darkred;
}

#simplegallery1 .gallerydesctext{ //CSS for description DIV of Example 1 (if defined)
text-align: left;
padding: 2px 5px;
}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript" src="simplegallery.js">

/***********************************************
* Simple Controls Gallery- (c) Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for this script and 100s more
***********************************************/

</script>

<script type="text/javascript">

var mygallery=new simpleGallery({
wrapperid: "simplegallery1", //ID of main gallery container,
dimensions: [300, 226], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of the images exactly
imagearray: [
["Photos/01jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/02jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/03jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/04jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/05jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/06jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/07jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/08jpg", "", "", ""],
["Photos/019pg", "", "", ""],
],
autoplay: [true, 2500, 2], //[auto_play_boolean, delay_btw_slide_millisec, cycles_before_stopping_int]
persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
fadeduration: 500, //transition duration (milliseconds)
oninit:function(){ //event that fires when gallery has initialized/ ready to run
//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance (ie: try this.navigate("play/pause"))
},
onslide:function(curslide, i){ //event that fires after each slide is shown
//Keyword "this": references current gallery instance
//curslide: returns DOM reference to current slide's DIV (ie: try alert(curslide.innerHTML)
//i: integer reflecting current image within collection being shown (0=1st image, 1=2nd etc)
}
})

</script>

3) Describe problem: I have been able to have Simple Control Script working well on an HTML page. I need to have it work on an Index.aspx Form created from a Master Page. In the Index.aspx page I have created three Columns within the ContentPlaceHolder. The Center Column is for the display of my photos. If I create the Center Column div with any name OTHER than simplegallery1, it is displayed. If I try to create the Center Column with the simplegallery1 name, the div is not saved.

What is the solution to my problem?

ddadmin
07-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Why not just give the center column an ID other than "simplegallery1"? IDs by definition should be unique on the page, so there cannot be more than one element on the page with the same ID attribute value. "simplegallery1" is already the ID value of the slideshow's outermost container in this case.