PDA

View Full Version : Floating Top Bar script does not site over flash content, please help!

HotelStMichel
06-19-2011, 05:37 PM
1) Script Title:

:: Floating Top Bar script

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/floatbar.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am trying to use this floating bar on a Hotel Website. I want to basically place all the booking information on it. Problem is that there is also flash on the page. As you scroll down the webpage, the floating bar will sit behind the flash content. Is there a way to make the floating bar always ontop of everything?

HotelStMichel
06-20-2011, 01:04 AM
OK, nevermind! I figured it out on my own.

I simply used this:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

I cant believe I forgot all about this! Thankfully I had a old website I had done, and it had this code with the flash.

HotelStMichel
06-20-2011, 05:53 PM
OK, Silly question. How do I get this bar to center with the rest of my site? If i put <center> tags, then all it centers is what ever is in the bar. The bar itself though does not center. I am a newbie with this stuff, so maybe I am missing something.

Here is a link to the site so you can see what is going on. When you look at the bar, you see its all the way to the left. i would like it to be center instead.

http://hotelstmichel.com/beta/index.html

HotelStMichel
06-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Anyone???????????

molendijk
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
For the div having id=topbar, try position: relative and add: margin: auto.
===
Arie Molendijk.

HotelStMichel
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
For the div having id=topbar, try position: relative and add: margin: auto.
===
Arie Molendijk.

OK, I will try that, thanx!

HotelStMichel
06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanx Arie Molendijk, you are the best!

HotelStMichel
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Now I am getting a weird space up at the top of the page. If I take the margin: auto out, the gap is gone. Then the bar is no longer centered though.

molendijk
06-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Then adding a negative value for margin-top might help, for instance:
margin-top:-30px
===
Arie.