View Full Version : Resolved AJAX Tabs Content + JavaScript

kingjazz
06-14-2011, 08:37 AM
1) Script Title:

Ajax Tabs Content script v2.2- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library

2) Script URL (on DD):

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

First of all, love the script! Have been using it for quite a few websites that I have developed in the last two years :) It's smooth and I love the fact that I don't have to reload the whole page :)

But, when recently I wanted to use nested tabs, and in the nested one I have a 4 step(tabs) application with a form on the 2'nd tab, I ran into some issues:

I want to dynamically hide/show some form fields based upon user selections: like radio buttons, select's etc, and I have now tried numerous ways to do this: Having the scripts on the top page (some of them worked the first time, but when you reload the tabbed page it wipes the scripts), loadobjs (same thing, works fine until you reload the page)

I see that a lot of people have serious issues with JS on the external page's tabs, and after reading up I now understand that this is because all the content is injected with the InnerHtml...I tried a few work around's using document.write, but I can't seem to get it working smoothly. So my big question is: Did someone out there re-write the actual AJAX Tabs Content script to either use document.write or another fancy way to include JavaScript accessible at ALL times? :)

Last night I spent 6-7 hours in desperation to get this working, and I refuse to give up! :p Please, can someone point me in the right direction?

kingjazz
06-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Wooohooo :) Got it ;) I just set up my functions within this part of the ajaxtabs.js file:

onajaxpageload:function(pageurl){
//do nothing by default

myfunctions here

},

and now my script is still checking, no matter what i do :p