PDA

View Full Version : Upload a file

adriana_l_2000
11-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Hello!

I need to upload a file in order to store it in a MySQL db. It seems to be easy if I have a graphic interface. My problem is that I don't want the user select the file and upload it, since I already know which file has to be uploaded :cool:...
I would like to find the way to upload the file without using a submit, with just load the page it should be enough. :p

Thanks

Adriana Liendo

Twey
11-24-2005, 04:34 PM
Impossible. :)
Imagine the chaos if every rogue webmaster on the 'Net could pluck any file from your hard drive and store it for his/her reading/decrypting pleasure.

adriana_l_2000
11-24-2005, 06:24 PM
:eek: How else could I do? :mad: .. See,... three or four times a day something happens, and every time this happens the "user" has to do some stuff and introduce information of what happens in a MySQL db, it includes information as date or hour for instance, and one gif file. :rolleyes: I want to make the process as easy as possible for the user, ask him/her if he/she wants to do it, and do it for him/her. The first part of the process is ok and I can upload all the information in the db easily, but I don't know how to do the same with the picture. Do you have other option?

Twey
11-25-2005, 04:50 PM
You can do this with a Java applet, if you sign it. Remember to keep a normal HTML form as well, though, in case the user doesn't have Java.