PDA

View Full Version : Force drop up all the time instead of auto up/down per size of browser.

gotoplanf
06-07-2011, 03:55 AM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/anylinkcss.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi,

I am new to using scripts in my html/css pages. Just got over using wysiwyg editors and have gone to plain code. The scripts I have downloaded work great and have been really straight forward.

However I have one problem with Anylink Css menu 2.0.

I would like the menu to always drop up rather than flip between up and down as per the size of the browser.

I have tried to use a rev="up" in my anchorlink. Which doesn't change anything. For interests sake I changed it to rev="lr" and it did go to the right instead like its supposed to.

Is there anyway to force it up all the time. Maybe somewhere in the .js file.

Thanks

Nick

ddadmin
06-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Try finding the below lines inside the .js file, and comment out the following two (added code in red):

//if (posy+this.dimensions.dropmenuh>this.dimensions.docscrolly+this.dimensions.docheight){ //drop up instead?
posy=Math.max(posy-this.dimensions.dropmenuh - (menu.orientation=="lr"? -this.dimensions.anchorh : this.dimensions.anchorh), this.dimensions.docscrolly) //position above anchor or window's top edge
//}

gotoplanf
06-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Thanks,

This took care of it exactly. I need to do some reading up on java to get a better grasp of it. I guess this is why nav bars usually go at the top of the page.

Thanks again for the quick reply

Nick.