PDA

View Full Version : Pictures move away in "Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow"

pizzahouse6
06-02-2011, 02:26 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-In Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: In ie8 it seems that as my pictures change, they move to the right of the div. Each time a new photo is "fadded in" it is offset 50px to the right. eventually by photo 8 the picture is appearing completely off the designated div area. The captions appear correctly and the whole thing works in Firefox and previous versions of ie, but I cannot figure out why it is doing this in ie8. here is my code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/fadeslideshow.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var mygallery=new fadeSlideShow({
wrapperid: "homeSlideshow", //ID of blank DIV on page to house Slideshow
dimensions: [500, 300], //width/height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image
imagearray: [
["images/homepage/DataBlender2.png", "index.php?page=datablender", "", "<strong>DataBlender:</strong> Our data mining solution."],
["images/homepage/DataBlenderFixed.png", "index.php?page=datablender", "", "<strong>DataBlender:</strong> Our data mining solution."],
["images/homepage/DataBlenderSpreadsheet.png", "index.php?page=datablender", "", "<strong>Datablender:</strong> Our data mining solution."],
["images/homepage/IEPetc.png", "index.php?page=iep", "", "<strong>IEP etc:</strong> Create and Manage IEPs, GIEPs and 504 plans."],
["images/homepage/class.jpg", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Staff Classifieds."],
["images/homepage/FaciltyUse.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Facility Use Request."],
["images/homepage/StaffPortalFinal.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Staff Login."],
["images/homepage/testResults.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Student Test Results."],
["images/homepage/webgrades.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Student Webgrades."],
["images/homepage/schedule.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Student Schedules."],
["images/homepage/attendance.png", "index.php?page=staff", "", "<strong>Staff Portal:</strong> Student Attendance."]
],
displaymode: {type:'auto', pause:3000, cycles:0, wraparound:false, randomize:true},
persist: false, //remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?
fadeduration: 700, //transition duration (milliseconds)
descreveal: "always"
})
</script>

jscheuer1
06-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Does this happen for you in IE 8 when you view the demo page for the script on Dynamic Drive?

If so, there might be something wrong with your IE 8. If not, it's probably your implementation.

Speaking of which, what you have in your post looks OK. To have a chance of figuring out the problem we would need a link to a page that demonstrates it:

Please post a link to a page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

pizzahouse6
06-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks for the reply!

No, The ones one DD's site look fine. I have found that it may be my doctype:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

when I don't use a doctype and just use <HTML> it looks fine, but all of my other css becomes messed up. It also just may just be my version of ie. The computers at school run ie and the site looks fine on them.

sorry, but the site isn't live yet so I cannot post a link