PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown width Adjustment based on content length

Siva Prasad Jammula
05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
1) Script Title: Dropdown width Adjustment based on content length

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

3) Describe problem: I have a problem with the dropdown of my select box.I saw a post in this foram which is giving me the requirement but with some problems.

title for that post is:dropdown box width adjustment

Could you please help me with the following questions:

How can i make the dropdown arrow to be on the left hand side?
More importantly how can i make all of the options left aligned?
When I changed rtl to ltr the dropdown arrow is moving to right hand side along with the text.so it is looking like a textbox.how can i fix the arrow button? and also
I want dropdown list should be scrollable

Request you please help and share the solution to my email..Please

I am using IE6 browser

Thanks in advance.

Siva.

jscheuer1
05-24-2011, 03:21 PM
It's your choice, but by adding your email address to a message in a public forum you are inviting spam email. I would suggest skipping it and checking back periodically to see if your post(s) have been answered.

If you must put your email address, hide it a little by putting it like so:

sivaprasadjammula AT gmail.com

Generally spammers get their email address from robot harvesters. A robot will not see the above as an email address. Humans will know to substitute the @ symbol and remove the extra spaces.

For now I'm removing the link. If you put your email address in your profile under contact information and enable users to email you, they can find it there. That section of the board is private though, so it will be safe from spammers.

Siva Prasad Jammula
05-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi John,
Sorry for posting my email in public forum and thanks for your replay.

Could you please post the answer for my question, because i am searching for that solution from long time still i didn't get the solution.Its a bit argent and i already wasted lot of time on this issue so,
Requesting you please provide me the solution scripts for that problem.

Thanks,
Siva Prasad Jammula.