PDA

View Full Version : Firefox won't display dropline tabs

Tim1969
05-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi, I am very new to all of this so please bear with me. I have a phpbb forum which I have ben trying to get a dropdown menubar in. I finally found a script which I liked, which is dropline tabs. They initially worked fine in my template, but I have been told that this template is too old for ongoing support, and to upgrade to a new one. I have done so, and whilst it will work in one version template, it refuses to work in another.

Well, it displays and drops perfectly in IE, but will not drop in Firefox. Is this normal and is there a quick fix? Or is it a CSS issue?

jscheuer1
05-21-2011, 02:30 PM
There may be a quick fix and it may be a css issue, the two aren't mutually exclusive. And, as things go around in these forums at least, the kinds of issues we are presented with here, yes this is fairly normal, potentially more complex than most, but not necessarily so.

For someone like me familiar with PHP and very familiar with HTML, CSS and javascript, sometimes something like this can be very difficult to trace down. I can look at the live page and probably see what's causing the problem from the point of view of all those things. Yet I'll have no idea where all of the files are. If I were familiar with your forum package, I'm not, that would probably help matters. If you have a fair idea of where the various includes are and which are used on the problem pages, we may be able to work together to fix it.

What I would need:

A link to a page that demonstrates the problem.

A link to the demo page for the exact version of dropline tabs script you're using.

Sometimes it's not so difficult. Either way I would still need to see the above two things.