PDA

View Full Version : Image w/ description tooltip v2.0 no image in IE

Henkkey
05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
1) Script Title: Image w/ description tooltip v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/imagetooltip.htm

3) Describe problem: I don't know If I am having a problem integrating this script into my site, but I see the only problem is in IE8 because I tested it in FF3 and Google Chrome and it work great. I don't know what is happening in IE. My question is if this script works with IE or the problem is me? :)

I posted a link bellow where is the script. You can test it in IE and FF and you will see that it only work in FF and no in IE.

TEST: http://www.des-arcades.com/nl/plattegrond.html
Thank you in advanced...

jscheuer1
05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Get rid of this (around line #154):

<script defer type="text/javascript" src="/templates/mijntemplate/js/pngfix.js"></script>

From IE 7 on, png no longer needs to be fixed. Alternatively, if you still want the page to look good in IE 6, you could convert:

plandesarcades_2011.png

to a .gif or .jpg image. You probably should anyway, it would require far fewer bytes. But you should then make the above script call like so:

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<script defer type="text/javascript" src="/templates/mijntemplate/js/pngfix.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

There could still be other problems with that approach. But removing:

altogether will be good for IE 7+, IE6 should be OK, with perhaps some rendering issues on some of your png images.

IE 6 usage is fading though and fading fast. It's already into the single digits as a percent of browsers used to view web pages. It's probably even below 5% by now.

Added Later:

I just tested in IE 6, and there are other problems, even as the live page is currently setup. The image map lays out way down the page. There could be other issues in IE 6.

So I'd either skip IE 6 and that pngfix script, or fix the layout in IE 6 before worrying about using the pngfix script.

Henkkey
05-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I have convert plandesarcades_2011.png to a .jpg image and it work fine.

Thank you.

Henkkey