PDA

View Full Version : Mouseover Tabs Menu - Author: Dynamic Drive

i forgot
04-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Hello,

I have a few questions about the following script and wonder if it is possible to add/edit some things to get my desired results.

First off here is the script:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/mouseovertabs.htm

My first question is simple, is there a way to make the second level menu disappear when the user rolls off the top of the first level menu.

EI: one the page above if you hover over 'CSS Drive' and down to the 2nd level and then off the menu completely, the 2nd level menu disappears and the highlight of the 1st level changes back. Now doing the same thing but this time hover over 'CSS Drive' and then move up. The menu sticks. Is it possible to edit this so no matter what if the mouse is moving off the 1st level it hides the second.

Okay my next question is more complicated because it requires the 1st level menu to be rollover buttons. So instead of 'CSS Drive' being a tab which is highlighted, I have an image which changes when rolled over. Is it possible to set up so whatever menu is loaded in the 2nd level will make the first level image flip to the rolled over one.

I know this second part doesn't make sense but basically I want the same effect here but with images.

Thanks!

ddadmin
04-20-2011, 07:15 AM
The first part is definitely easier. :) Try the below modified .js file, which should do it. Once it's working for you, I can try and find time to see about the 2nd request.

i forgot
04-20-2011, 06:09 PM
ddadmin,

thanks that worked perfectly. don't know why I couldn't do it myself.

as for the second part, I used php and mouseover to dynamically figure out what rollover should be showing.

again,

Thanks!