PDA

View Full Version : issue with Simple Gallery in Firefox

pablod
04-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey Everyone, First time poster long time viewer :)

Bit of a strange problem
I'm using the SimpleGallery (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/simplegallery.htm) (latest version)

It works fine in all browsers except FF....?
FF basically does not display the gallery
when I view the FF error console it states "simpleGallery is not defined"

But a strange thing is when I run and view the site locally in FF it works fine - only when it is published to teh web it does not work in FF

Anyone come up againts this type of issue before,

or let me know if you need moer info,
Cheers,
Paul

djr33
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure what the problem would be (someone else will know more about this script than I do), but before troubleshooting other things too much, please confirm that the web copy references files that actually exist. That's a fairly unusual problem (usually it's the other way around, that it doesn't work locally and works on the web), so my first guess is that there is a filepath that only works on your local computer or references a file that wasn't uploaded to your site but is on your computer. (Of course you may have already checked this, but it's somewhere to start if not.)

pablod
04-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Daniel,

That was the first thing I taught of myself, the file paths but everything seems to be fine,
Another item I taught may have caused an issue was the final comma at the end of the array of images, again this made no difference (but I think that causes an issue for IE more than others)

Hopefully someone will have come across this before
Cheers
Paul

azoomer
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Could you post a link to the page with the problem ?

pablod
04-09-2011, 12:10 PM
here you go - http://www.thebeachbarsligo.com/about.html

Thanks

azoomer
04-10-2011, 09:15 AM
right now there are problems with these two paths

<script type="text/javascript" src="sGallery\jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="sGallery\simplegallery.js"></script>

The scripts are not found at the specified location. Make sure to upload the scripts to your server at that location.

Edit: okay now I see what's wrong. You need to use a forward slash and not a backslash. Like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="sGallery/jquery-1.2.6.pack.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="sGallery/simplegallery.js"></script>

Compare the red slashes to what you have, and change it. Then it should work.

pablod
04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks a mil azoomer

Its always the simple things that get overlooked :rolleyes:
Thats fixed and working fine

Thanks again for your help
Paul

mrazryan
07-06-2011, 01:09 AM
i am having kind of the same issue but a little different...... the gallery works local when i test it but when i upload and test it on the web server it works but only like halfway..... the gallery seems to load but the images dont.... i dont understand why this is.... i figured it was a pathing issue but ive tried everything with no prevail. any help would be greatly apprecaited... my client wants this gallery working asap.

http://lokoknights.com/gallery01.html

EDIT

after much headache i figured out what it was. it was a pathing issue. i had the images folder in alll caps like IMAGES.... which was apparently ok to view local but not ok to view once uploaded. go figure. lol.