PDA

View Full Version : Rich Text Couldnt be saved in Database

jakri
11-19-2005, 06:42 AM
hello,

I use JSP as front end and MySQL 4.0.13 as Back end. In a text area ,I have used rich texting using the javascript downloaded from www. dynamidrive.com .At the time of inserting and editing there is no problem. It is saved in database in a different form.

Eg: If the text is "This is a sample note." and i have made it bold. In database it is saved as <STRONG>This is a sample note.</STRONG>

If anybody has encountered this problem... please help...

Thanks
Jayakrishnan

jscheuer1
11-19-2005, 07:11 AM
Looks to me as though it saved the text and its formatting. If you don't want formatting saved, generate text without formatting. Or, if you kind of like the idea of being able to retrieve the text as it was formatted back to the web, use an element's innerHTML property for insertion, as opposed to adding a text node.

jakri
11-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi

Thanks for your reply.But I would like to know that whether I can provide rich text formatting facility in a JSP layer.(Not a text area).

Thanks
Jakri

jscheuer1
11-21-2005, 06:18 AM
What does a JSP layer look like and how do you insert text or whatever into it?

whatever

jakri
11-23-2005, 04:39 AM
I will save the text entered in the text area with rich text formatting and is saved in DB as i mentioned earlier.Then it is queriedfrom DB and is presented in a jsp page layer using <logic:write.......> java codes.
If Icould provide a rich texting facility there then it can be viewed with the formatting given in the text area.

Jakri