PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a program

Davebold370
11-18-2005, 09:57 PM
Ok i'm new to the hole programing thing with visual basic. I have visual basic 6 on the computer, and i have created a program. The only problem is that it will not save an exe. How would i go about saving the vb1 file and my form file with all of that code into a exe file? I know wht the visual studios you can just save it and it will turn into a exe file inside of my bin foulder, but with visual basic 6. I'm totally lost. I had to downgrade because my last computer exploded.... Well someone help please.

Twey
11-18-2005, 09:58 PM
If I remember correctly (haven't used VB in several years), there's an "export as EXE" option somewhere in the File menu.

Davebold370
11-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah i looked for that, i could find it anywhere. I think i might have a bad virson.

Twey
11-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Hm... stick with a real programming language :p Perl, Python and PHP are all good for beginners.

Davebold370
11-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Yeah i'm new to the whole computer thing. My little brother got me introested in websites, and so i'm trying to learn everything i can. So far i have made a calculator for my taxes that are coming up soon. Also i made a oops bug. I mistaked a do loop thingy with a for next. So basicly i had a never ending error box. Oopps. I think i'm going to look into php some because my brother seems to know a little about it. I'm proud of myself because i have already surpassed him in everything he knows. oh i have another problem with the visual basic. Num3 = num1 + num2. It added the virables together like this Num1 = 95 num2 = 52 and num3 = 9552. Why did it do that? I had to use, num3 = num1 - (num2 * -1) That worked, but the other one didn't. What did i do wrong? Well, thanks for the help you have given me so far twey.

Twey
11-19-2005, 10:14 AM
The problem, from your description, is that the "numbers" you're trying to add together aren't numbers at all, but strings. If you declared them as strings, don't. Use integers instead. If you declared them as Variant, remove the quotes from around the values when you assign them.

Davebold370
11-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Yeah i delcared them as doubles, i tried the integers and it worked. Thanks for your help.