PDA

View Full Version : Help with working a DD into Joomla.

JoshingTalk
03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
1) Script Title: Text And Image Crawler

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hey everyone!

I'm not very experienced at using javascript let alone HTML and CSS and have been struggling for hours on end to get this DD to work. It's perfect for what I need and I know it would be so simple if I had a little more knowledge.

I'm using Joomla! as my website host and Ultimate Web Hosting to host my files.
Here is the site in question: www.jdtproductions.co.uk

My question is, can anyone guide me through the steps in order to install this DD on my page?

Here is what I've tried so far:

It told me to download and save the .js file and so I did and saved it in the backend at Templates-> JS_Lightfast_003-> js

It then says to insert code into the <head> section of my website.
So I went to Template Manager-> JS_Lightfast_003-> Edit HTML
and pasted it under my Google Analytics text.

Step 2 of the DD then says to copy the code into the HTML of the page you are using.
I went to Module Manager-> Testimonials-> and clicked Edit Code.
Here is what it looks like:

<div id="mycrawler" class="marquee">
* **<p style="background-color: #e6e6d4;"><strong>
TEXT GOES HERE
</strong></p>
</div>​

As you can see here (hhttp://jdtproductions.co.uk/testimonialsform) the texts does not work and is not scrollable. i want to be able to hover over the texts and use the cursor to define which way it scrolls.

If you guys need any more info just let me know.
Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it!

Josh.

Beverleyh
03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
You're on the right tracks but Joomla has thrown a spanner in the works for you as it strips js code from modules/articles.
You'll need something like the Jumi extension - after you've installed that in Joomla, you'll be able to put js and php in articles and modules and the editor won't strip it out.

JoshingTalk
03-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks Berverleyh! Will give it a go. :)

Sam Walton
03-22-2011, 08:57 PM
i really liked it. thanks lot.