PDA

View Full Version : how would i disable a key?

warrior_prince
11-18-2005, 03:34 AM
how would i disable a key on the keyboard for e.g the prntscrn (print screen)key? so that ppl cannot take screen shots of the page...

jscheuer1
11-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I've found that an ice pick and a small hammer work well for this. Don't try this on a laptop though.

Wedgy
11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
No need to damage the keyboard at all.
There is a much better solution:

Just wack the user's appropriate key-finger with a hammer once.

After a few painful tries, his typing will condition itself
not to press the selected key.
-----
Actually its quite easy to disable the PrntScrn key:

SONY has provided easy to install software that you can
simply modify to autoinstall from any webpage:

awesome SONY Freeware (http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/11/sonys-rootkit-first-4-internet.html)

warrior_prince
11-18-2005, 02:35 PM
what the hell is wrong with yall???? i asked a simple question and itshould b possible since u can disable the enter key.... remind me not to check these forums again!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Twey
11-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I've found that an ice pick and a small hammer work well for this. Don't try this on a laptop though.Bahahaha. :D
itshould b possible since u can disable the enter key....It isn't, as it happens. You can't "disable" the enter key; you can only stop your site receiving it. You can do this with the printscreen key as well, but by the time it reaches your page to be processed, it's already done its job. Of course, we don't expect you to know this. However, the answer to your question:
what the hell is wrong with yall????... is that there are hundreds of threads like this one on the forum, and you could quite easily have used the "Search" link at the top (see it?). Hence the sarcastic replies and utterly unrelated link to info about Sony's rootkit.

warrior_prince
11-19-2005, 12:11 AM
right that was what i meant not disable it.. lol ok i see now thats all u had to do to explain it... and i did search but i didnt find anything regardin the disabling of a key only the usual right clik, encryption stuff...

Twey
11-19-2005, 10:16 AM
A search for "disable print screen" turns up a few very relevant threads.

Non-topic: speaking of Sony's rootkit, have you all read this (http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5960222.html?tag=nl.e589)? The irony is delicious. Sony have put their collective foot in it once again. And again (http://hack.fi/~muzzy/sony-drm/).

Wedgy
11-20-2005, 01:28 AM
OMG that last link was so good I bookmarked it under politics instead of techsupport.

How many smoking guns are pointed at me?

All I meant to say with my Sony link was that the only way to disable keys on a computer is to have software actually running on it that does so. Which in my mind means a rootkit.

And why write a rootkit when you can use someone else's?

Okay that maybe wasn't as obvious as it could have been .

Twey
11-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Ah, I see. Why it wasn't obvious was that disabling keys is one of a very few things Sony's kit doesn't seem to do :)
I wonder which bright spark down at Sony/First4Internet came up with the idea of a DRM system that broke both copyright law and (possibly) the DMCA.